Time to Refurbish Your Kitchen in a Modish Way
Many people tend to overlook the importance of renovating their kitchen; either due to budget constraints or maybe because they possess a dearth of discernment. However, refurbishing the kitchen is as equally important as the renovation of other rooms of the house. After all, it is the pivotal point where all the cooking procedures are undertaken to satiate our taste buds. If it emanates a shabby and filthy appearance then, chances are we might not be able to enjoy our meal thoroughly. Therefore, it is indeed very important to give your kitchen a facelift that would send forth a sanitary and clean sense thereby taking care of your hunger pangs. Depending where you are based, you may want to check this Calgary Renovations company.
Looking for ways in which you can renovate your kitchen? Well, there are umpteen ways to achieve the desired result. Many online portals have cropped up today to guide you through all the know-hows pertaining to home décor. If you can’t make up your mind and are apprehensive of the result as a complete mess, you can also seek the help of the professionals. They would assist you in making the most of your space and, enlighten you on the requisites to accentuate the look of your kitchen. All you have to do is peruse a diverse range of pictures through web research and chalk out a proper planning so that, you also can present the professionals with your own intentions. Below mentioned are some steps adhering which you can add a dash of grandeur to your kitchen.
- Jot down your priorities–Nobody knows your kitchen better than you. So, the first and foremost requisite that will go in the renovation process is making a list of your priorities such as the number of people gathering and cooking here, whether you want an extension of your kitchen or just want to give it a complete makeover by replacing the existing features with new kitchen cabinets, appliances and countertops. Have a look at various kitchen photos and shortlist the ones that you think exactly matches your requirement.
- Hire professionals –Now that all the planning is done, you are contemplating on whether to take the DIY route or to employ professionals? Since you are not fully acquainted with the most important aspects of interior designing, going by the DIY route can prove risky and would also weigh you down with tremendous work pressure. Hence, it is better to take the help of professionals who would assist you in choosing fixtures and appliances, notify you on the financial estimate, and thus govern the project from beginning till end.
- Graphic designs–This step encompasses drawings, space planning, advanced floor plans and the height of the kitchen cabinets from countertops to the floor. In this step, attention needs to be on the space planning and layout, albeit it deviates to the thought process of the finished result. Chalk out a plan to comprehend the square feet and the exact positioning of the fixtures.
- Selecting fixtures –Now the moment has come when all your efforts of sifting through a multitude of kitchen photos and revamping ideas will pay off. You have settled on the style of your kitchen but for the fixtures, you are still in two minds. From door knobs to light fixtures, they constitute variations of almost every product.
- Ceramic knobs such as red and black leaf knob, blue red design knob, white green leaf knob will intensify the glam quotient of your kitchen cabinets. You can also go for metal knobs, glass knobs and wooden knobs and pick the one which you think will mostly look good on the cabinets.
- Backsplash is yet another splendid way to enhance the look of your kitchen. Adorning the plain paint-coated walls with ceramic tiles will not only give a complete facelift to your kitchen but will be an attractive focal point for your visitors as well.
- Lighting also plays a crucial role in sprucing up the atmosphere of your kitchen. Ceiling lamps would not only work as an embellishment to the ceiling, it will also emanate a balmy aura typical to the warm days of late summer.
- Finalizing the design –At this stage you got to have your design finalized and the lighting switch plans, elevations and floor plans prepared. Single out the fixtures which have received a big thumbs-up from you as this is the stage when the total pricing will be demanded from the contractor.
- An approximate estimation from the contractor–It’s time to hire a contractor to carry out your project if you haven’t yet found one. After the completion of the graphic designs, do some preliminary discussion with the contractor so that you know whether you are going right or you need to withdraw some pre-planned ideas to fit perfectly into the budget.
- Commencement of the renovation process –A thorough discussion with the contractor about the organization and implementation of the project would save your sanity. Ask him about the working hours of the crew. Notify that you would want the labourers to clean up all the dust and debris once the project is over. Gathering a beforehand knowledge of these things would save you from going through the pain of uncertainty and would let you relish the upgrading of your kitchen thoroughly.
At first glance, these steps might appear somewhat tardy and demanding to work upon however, once you lay your hands on refurbishing the kitchen, every single step would pass by smoothly making you realize that fear of the unknown brings no gain.