Children learn best through play, and some of the happiest childhood memories are made when playing and exploring with friends, especially during the long summer holidays. My sister and I, and the neighbourhood kids, always enjoyed riding our bikes around together, playing football or climbing trees in the garden or local park.
Throughout these times, a few bumps and scrapes along the way are inevitable, and once you pick yourself up and dust yourself off, sometimes you’ll have your own scar story to remember the incident by!
Today I’m sharing one of my scar stories, and giving you the chance to win an exciting prize package by sharing one of your own!
Somehow, I managed to get through childhood without any broken bones at all but I do have a couple of scar stories from our playful adventures. Each summer, we used to spend a few days in a local jazz festival in our town, which was held in an athletic stadium. The parents would listen to the performances, meanwhile we kids would be free to roam around and play together. One day, when I would have been about 9, we were playing on top of a hill that was in the grounds of the stadium and we decided to race each other by rolling down the hill. We were rolling really fast and unfortunately I landed on broken glass at the bottom, which sliced my stomach! Luckily it wasn’t too serious as the cuts weren’t too deep but that was one of my most memorable injuries.
While it’s important to promote safe play, it’s impossible to wrap your children up in cotton wool. Sometimes, these things happen so it’s worth having a fully stocked up medicine cabinet or first aid box, with plenty of antiseptic cream and plasters.
Germolene Antiseptic Cream is used to ease pain and help prevent infections of minor cuts and grazes, minor burns, scalds, blisters, stings and insect bites, spots and chapped or rough skin.
The cream contains two active substances, phenol and chlorhexidine digluconate. Phenol and chlorhexidine digluconate have antiseptic properties for the disinfection of skin, wounds and burns. Phenol also has a local anaesthetic action for the relief of pain. The cream base helps to soften the skin and soothe irritation.
Germolene Antiseptic Cream is a competitively priced first aid choice for all the family and costs £1.79 (RRP) for a 30g tube and £2.99 (RRP) for a 55g tube. Germolene Antiseptic Cream is widely available from Boots, Superdrug, pharmacies nationwide and other major retailers, including Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose and Sainsburys.
Always Read the Label.
Share your own “scar story” in the comments for your chance to win a family trip (2 adults and 2 children) to Go Ape, at the winner’s choice of Go Ape venue. The prize will include lunch for 2 adults and 2 children at a restaurant of the winner’s choice.
Competition terms and conditions:
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries should be submitted as a comment on the blog post. Entrants should include their own name and relevant contact information i.e. email address.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Bayer to feature any or all of the submitted story in consumer press and Bayer company publications, on their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- The winning entry will be chosen by Pegasus. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
- Offensive or entries deemed by the competition organisers to be inappropriate will not be accepted.
- The winning entry will win: a family trip (2 adults and 2 children) to Go Ape, at the winner’s choice of Go Ape venue. The prize will include lunch for 2 adults and 2 children at a restaurant of the winner’s choice. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself, or the awarding of the prize, impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- The competition is promoted by Pegasus (www.thisispegasus.co.uk). Bayer is providing the prizes on behalf of Germolene.
- Competition end date: 23:59 22nd April 2016
This competition prize is provided by Germolene as part of their “Scar Stories” campaign. Germolene has not influenced the content of this piece.