Here’s a lemony twist on an old family favourite for Easter. I love Hot Cross Buns. They are a yummy treat for all the family, but you could also use leftover fruited bread or even croissants for more variation on this recipe all year round.
Ingredients for Lemon Curd Hot Cross Buns
- Small knob of butter
- 9 small hot cross buns
- 1 jar of Cottage Delight Lemon Curd
- 2 large eggs
- 250ml double cream
- 250ml milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- Grated lemon zest for decoration
Method. How to make Lemon Curd Hot Cross Buns
- Lightly butter an oven proof dish that will quite snugly fit in all of the hot cross buns. (A 20cm x 20cm glass dish will work well)
- Slice each bun into 3 separate slices, spread each slice with Cottage Delight Lemon Curd, sandwich back together and arrange the buns into the dish.
- To make the custard, whisk the egg, cream, milk, vanilla extract, 3tbsp sugar and any remaining Lemon Curd together. Pour this mix over the hot cross buns and leave to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the custard to soak in.
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3.
- Sprinkle the remaining caster sugar and lemon zest over the pudding.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden and the custard gently set.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.
For more delicious recipes, make sure that you’re following our kitchen, baking and cooking board on Pinterest.
And don’t forget to pin this yummy Easter recipe for later
For more recipes that you can make with Cottage Delight marmalades, take a look at:
You might also like these
Easter ideas for kids
- Fun with our Easter Egg Hunt Clues Game
- Easter Egg Decorating Ideas: Coloured Eggs with Scotch Magic Tape
- Fine Motor Easter Egg Hunt
- How to Make an Easter Egg the Easy Way
- Pop Up Puppets Spring Craft
- Spring Activities for Kids