Since I had my first baby over 8 years ago, I’ve been using Johnsons Baby products on each of them, and have already stocked up on products ready for my little one who is due any time now!
I’ve teamed up with Johnsons to offer one lucky In The Playroom reader the chance to win the full Top to Toe Baby range, which includes five different products, shown below:
- Johnsons top-to-toe moisturising baby cream
- Johnsons top-to-toe baby massage lotion
- Johnsons top-to-toe baby massage oil
- Johnsons top-to-toe baby bath
- Johnsons top-to-toe baby washcloths
I didn’t try much baby massage with my older boys, but I’m hoping to give it a try this time around. Luckily, Johnsons have some useful baby massage tips to get me started!
Top 5 Bath-time tips from JOHNSON’S® Healthcare Professional Relationship Consultant, Rebecca Bennett:
- Warm a towel before wrapping up baby after a soothing bath. Just make sure the towel isn’t too hot.
- Your baby’s vulnerable skin doesn’t like hot water. 37C is perfect, use the inside of your wrist to feel water like baby’s skin does.
- Yellow is the colour of energy, sunshine, and it stimulates intellect. So fill baby’s bath with smart yellow toys. Also, keep your baby’s bath toys, you can use them to coax your little one into swimming lessons later.
- If your baby is a little nervous at bathtime, talk them through it. Your voice will soothe them – and help them feel safe.
- Your baby’s skin is delicate, so pat them dry gently with a towel after a bath.
Five Benefits of Baby Massage from Family Psychologist, Dr. Angharad Rudkin
- Massage is a good way of bonding with your baby.
- Massage has been shown to help baby’s social and cognitive development.
- Big sister or brother can help you to massage your baby – it makes them feel like they can help you care for baby.
- Baby massage is a great activity for dads to get involved, and helps them feel closer to their baby and more confident in looking after them.
- Massage can be an important part of a bedtime routine, which helps give babies the cue that it is time to snuggle up and sleep.
For your chance to win the full range of Johnsons Baby Top to Toe products, pictured above, enter via the Gleam widget below
And make sure you’re following us on Instagram as we’ll be sharing more Johnsons Baby pictures and moments throughout December