It’s National Baking Week, and to mark the occasion I have a few yummy recipes to share with you all, made using Cadbury’s Double Decker chocolate. These tasty cookies use the double decker to make frosting to sandwich in the middle!
Double decker cookie sandwiches (makes 20)
For the Cookies:
- 150g butter, softened 70g light brown sugar 70g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 225g plain flour
- 0.5 tsp baking soda pinch of salt
- 50g chocolate chips
- 1 avocado, mashed well
For the Double Decker Cookie Dough Frosting:
- 115g butter, softened
- 150g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 50ml milk
- 1 Double Decker, chopped
This recipe is Suitable for Vegetarians, Contains gluten (wheat), milk, nuts, egg, soya, and Does NOT contain gelatine or alcohol.
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C (150 degrees fan). Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. For the cookies, cream the butter and sugars together in a stand mixer on medium-high speed or with a hand held mixer, till light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and egg and whisk till combined.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in 2/3 of the chocolate chops.
4. Shape a teaspoon of dough into a ball (approx. 40 balls of 5g each) and place on baking sheets with two inch gaps between each. Bake for 7 minutes till golden and crisp around the edges and still light in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
5. For the frosting, beat together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed till fluffy. Add in the vanilla, flour and salt and whisk on medium speed. Add in the milk and chopped Double Decker pieces and beat on medium till well combined.
6. Prepare a piping bag with a 1cm round nozzle and fill with the frosting. Pipe a small dollop on the flat side of half of the cookies and sandwich with the other cookies
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! Follow our Kitchen, Baking and Cooking board on Pinterest for even more recipes!