A new Kiddicare store has opened in Hayes, Lombardy retail park. This is pretty local to me so I was really excited to see inside. Although I have bought from Kiddicare.com before I actually had not been inside any of the Kiddicare stores until now, and I have to say I was really impressed with it.
The store is really well thought out, you can tell a lot of effort has gone into making sure that the whole shopping experience is as easy, convenient and enjoyable for parents as possible – and enjoyable for the kids too!
As well as a really wide range of baby and children’s products, the store has
- A comfortable cafe with meals and drinks for adults and children, and an area for you to heat up any baby meals or bottles etc.
- A couple of play areas – an enclosed one in the cafe, and an open one in the centre of the store
- A community room which runs various toddler classes, such as Dinky Dancers which we sampled and the children really enjoyed!
- A very comfortable and well equipped feeding room with lots of nursing chairs and water available, for those who would like to feed in private. Obviously mothers are also welcome to feed openly in the cafe or wherever they would prefer
- Buggy MOT service to check and fix any necessary parts of your buggy
And loads more too
I really like the idea of the play area in the cafe. We are always looking for places like this to do mums meet ups, as its not relaxing to sit and drink your coffee while chasing after the children every few minutes and they can get bored just sitting in their seat – so this is a much better solution and I definitely will arrange to meet some of my friends here in future. I was told that you can also hire the community room if you want to use it for a larger gathering or for any more formal kind of mums meeting.
The range of products in store is really good. I couldn’t resist coming out with a few things! We actually ended up getting tempted to buy a new double buggy (Out n About Nipper 360) as we have been thinking about it for a while, and as we were able to try the younger two children in it in store and see how they looked in it, so we decided to just go for it!
I’m sure I will post a review of this once I have been using it a while longer!
Now that Kiddicare is part of Morrisons there is a new range of clothing out too called Nutmeg, which I found really good as it is such good value. I bought an outfit each for the boys
I would definitely recommend it as somewhere more enjoyable to do your shopping, and as somewhere suitable to meet up for a coffee and a chat with the kids.